Friday, February 10, 2012

Can You Picture That? : A tribute to Jim Henson

Ever since I could remember, I've always wanted to cover this tune... So I recorded it (after 20 years of saying I would). In light of the anniversary of Jim Henson's death being today, May 16th. I figured it would be fitting to post this recording in his honor for all the great memories and wonderful things he has given me in his life... not only really in my life, but also in the lives of my children too. In an evening, I started throwing down the drum tracks, bass & vocals. Later my friend Dale stopped by and I asked him to throw down some guitar tracks. Matching it up to the original video from the Muppet Movie was an after thought that worked out pretty well. The audio was recorded by Myself & Dale Tippett, the video is all raw from the movie as it was originally played in the film. I do not own the video, or the song itself, all of which is the sole property of Jim Henson / Muppets etc... I hope you enjoy it as much as I do the original & as well as my involvement in the process of covering it. Dale Tippett- Guitars Eric Kummerer- Drums, Bass, Guitars, Vocals & video editing. Special thanks of course to Jim Henson... My Mother Lisa who has always been a beautiful dreamer, teaching me to never let my imagination go unused, instilling music in me and exposing me to Jim Henson in the first place. My Kids, for reminding me of what is important in life. Dale for being awesome. Don't ever grow up.

Bestsellers in MP3 Downloads Gibson ES

No comments:

Post a Comment